Pregnancy & Postnatal Care
At Body Sense Physiotherapy our pelvic health physiotherapists all have post-graduate qualifications. We offer a wealth of experience when it comes to helping women through their childbearing years.
We also offer physiotherapy supervised pregnancy and post natal exercise classes to those pregnant and in their first year following childbirth.
We care for and offer services for the following:
- Pelvic floor dysfunction (weakness or tension)
- Pelvic floor muscle training (with Real-Time Ultrasound/biofeedback)
- Prolapse (including pessary fittings)
- Supervised pregnancy and postnatal exercise classes
- Pregnancy-related lower back pain or pelvic girdle pain
- Sacral and tailbone (coccyx) pain
- Neck, mid-back, rib and lower back pain
- Abdominal separation
- Safe exercise programs for pregnancy, post-pregnancy and menopause
- Episiotomy, obstetric injury, hemorrhoids or caesarean scar management
- Laser and therapeutic ultrasound for nipple damage, mastitis and blocked ducts
- Pre and post-rehabilitation for pelvic surgery
- Pre and post-prostatectomy pelvic floor exercises
For more detailed information on conditions and services click on Women’s Health, Men’s Health or Children and Adolescent Health.