How is Specialist Physiotherapy different?
A Specialist Physiotherapist has achieved the highest clinical qualification available to Physiotherapists in Australia in their field of expertise and the qualification is awarded by the Australian College of Physiotherapists.
At Body Sense Physiotherapy people are referred to us for Specialist Physiotherapy by health care providers, insurers, rehabilitation providers or by self-referral. Michelle du Plessis is our Specialist Musculoskeletal and a Titled Pain Physiotherapist. Her area of expertise is in the assessment and management of complex and chronic pain.
How do you know whether you would benefit from a referral?
Specialist Physiotherapy is helpful when you are:
- Looking for a second opinion
- Your injury or condition is not responding or progressing as well as expected with the current physiotherapy treatment you are receiving
- You are not sure what exactly the reason is for your chronic pain or limitations
- You would like a diagnosis, information on whether physiotherapy can help you and how long it will take to get better.
Why choose a specialist physiotherapist?
- You will be provided with an in-depth assessment and an explanation of your diagnosis.
- You will be given an approximate timeline for recovery
- You will be provided with a treatment and management plan needed to address your condition.
- You might wish to have an assessment only and choose to continue your treatment with your own physiotherapist or one of our experienced musculoskeletal physiotherapists. Suggestions for management will be communicated to your treating physiotherapist.